Thursday, July 17, 2014

Summer Time




Summer time means beach time. It's so incredibly hot here during the summer months that the only way to be outside is in the water. We try to go to the beach every weekend with the kids and are especially trying to get our fill since it's our last summer here. Otherwise, we have been spending time in doors doing various activities and trying not to melt!

 We kicked off the summer with Ayden's preschool graduation. She loved school and did incredibly well on her pre-K test. This picture makes me laugh.

While Ayden was learning in school, Gavin learned how to escape the house. While I was cleaning one morning, it got a little too quiet. I noticed the screen was torn and quickly looked outside to see Gavin in the front yard with his shoes on and very proud of himself.

Ayden made this for Mother's Day. Her answers are sweet, especially when it comes to my age and weight.

Ayden drew this picture for my Mom for Mother's Day. First time she's drawn Mom with crutches and the black hair of course.

See that teeny tiny For Rent sign out front? That was our ticket to staying here instead of having to move months before we needed and solved so many problems and stresses. It was a rough few weeks there but totally worth it.

 Ayden is such a good helper and actually does a great job. She said she wanted to fold the entire load of laundry and she did!

Gavin loves to help as well, although not quite as helpful. Even though he's not willing to go in the potty, at least he'll clean it! 

 Ayden has been very interested in creating her own crafts. She made a hand for everyone in the family.

And I found this piece of modern art on my light switch.

 With the new baby around the corner, it was time to say good bye to my first car and get something that could accommodate 3 kids. I still loved that car. It was sad but necessary.

We decided on a mini van. I didn't want to do it originally. But after comparing the 3 row SUV and the van, I just couldn't justify it. It's a very nice car, meets all our needs, and I have no regrets. 

Then we were off to Colorado to visit different areas and take a look at a few dental practices.
The kids did amazingly well.

 June meant another birthday for me which I celebrated with delicious peanut butter filled chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. I've been trying to be good during the pregnancy but definitely gave up that day.

I think the baby thought they were yummy too.

34 weeks.
Up until this point I was feeling great. But around 34 weeks I started feeling huge and a bit more uncomfortable. My back started hurting and it was getting more difficult to sleep. I had to stop jogging and walk instead. Not to mention the heat!

 More trips to the beach.

 Every week is a different beach depending on the weather. This day was full of algae.

Patrick plays with the kids in the water while the baby and I relax under the umbrella.

 37 weeks.
Thankfully, my pregnancy aches and pains haven't gotten much worse. I expected to feel much more uncomfortable at this point but I'm pleasantly surprised.

 Since it's so hot, I've taken to doing my walks in the mall and then let the kids play on the playground. This was Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-Fil-A. The kids enjoyed dressing up and even though I technically wasn't dressed head to hoof in cow attire, I think the udder on a pregnant lady qualified me for an automatic free meal!

 Ayden was inspired by cow day and made us all animal costumes. I was a cow and Patrick a rhino. The sign says Zoo.

 Ayden was an elephant.
Gavin refused to dress up again.

But he sure is a cutie.

Ayden progressed tremendously this year during swim lessons. She is now super comfortable in the water and is no longer afraid of sinking.


1 comment:

cambersue said...

Oh my gosh you looks amazing! Seriously. How fun to be having babies at the same time as your sister...and you're even in the same state! Good luck the next couple weeks! Hope it goes smoothly for you:)