Friday, May 16, 2014

Sporadic Spring Happenings

We've had a busy but fun filled Spring! The weather was perfect for outdoor activities and we were able to spend tons of time with family. Just the way it ought to be!

 Ayden had a field trip to the strawberry patch. We definitely got our monies worth. They said you could eat as you pick. I was the only one picking and Ayden and Gavin kept eating. 

 I probably gave Gavin two strawberries for every one I put in my bucket. I bet he downed a pound of strawberries and is wearing another pound.

 The kid was a disastrous mess. But the strawberries were oh so juicy!

 My brothers came into town for the FSU Spring football game and spent the weekend. It was great all hanging out together, especially since I felt like I missed out a bit over Christmas since I was still pregnancy sick.

 The kids spent the entire game eating treats.

 After that fun weekend, we took Avery home with us so Jill and Richard could have a "workation" and be kid free for a week to finish up their home renovations uninterrupted before baby #2 arrives.

We enjoyed playing outside and getting dirty. I can't believe the difference in girls and boys. Gavin can't help himself but make a complete mess.

 Funny boy with his blue Hitler chalk mustache.
I wonder what goes through his little mind.


Always fun times in the pool.

 And the week paid off! When we drove Avery back down to Jill's house, she had installed her new floor! Before she had the original 1950's terrazzo floor (think school lunch room floor) so this was a huge change!

 Then we stayed for the weekend to celebrate Avery's 2nd Birthday!

 Jill planned a fun, outdoor party with a fire pit, hot dog roast, smores, and ice cream cake!

 Gavin enjoyed his cookie sandwich.

 Happy Birthday Avery!

Gavin eating/wearing his cake.

No comments: