Monday, July 25, 2022

Barber Trip to St. George



The extended Barber family gathered together to spend a week in St. George, UT. Patrick had to stay home for work, so I loaded up the kids and we drove the 10 hours. We rented a great house with a pool and pickle ball court with a water park next door.


The kids never get tired of swimming.


Garrett organized some family competition.


Gavin won the belly flop contest.


We had fun at the water park.


Babes' beach hair.


Corn hole tournament.
It was sooooo HOT. Like 120 degrees. You had to play your round and then go back inside or jump in the pool. Unfortunately, like in typical family gathering fashion- the sickness started to spread day two and once I started cleaning up vomit, I got hit hard so I was basically in bed for this trip. It ran through the kids in a day, but I just could not seem to recover. I heard everyone had a great vacation.


I did drag myself to the play, Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat, with David Archuletta at the coolest outdoor red rock theater. It was awesome.






Everyone went to the reservoir to swim and boat. I was sad to miss out until I heard of the giant sand storm they got caught in which made a huge mess of the inside of their cars as they were scrambling to pick up and get out of the pelting sand and wind.



We played capture the flag and raced at the park.
Zach also brought down the ATV's and took turns off-roading in the nearby red rock trails.


Richard hosted the infamous and ever popular Among Us games.


Raegan turned 8!



This house had an awesome outside area with a huge table and seating with a grill. The cover was a bit of a respite from the heat and was central to the outdoor activities.


It's always a fun birthday with the cousins!


We played lots of pickleball and all the walls kept the children in...mostly.
Another week of fun!

No comments: