Saturday, May 21, 2016

Ayden's Ballerina Birthday

This was the first year we did a friend birthday party. Ayden wanted a ballet theme party and was very specific about her cake. It definitely stretched my cake abilities, but I was more than pleased with how it turned out and Ayden was too.

We had 6 girls over from school and church. We spent the afternoon painting nails, making tutus, playing pin the tutu on the ballerina, eating cake, opening presents, and having a dance party. The girls had a great time and Ayden said it was even more fun than she expected. Can't ask for more than that! It's nice she is easy to please.

I made strawberry pink rice crispie treat ballerinas for a party favor.

The cake was a 2 tiered, 6 layer cake, alternating pink layers. For the ruffles, I used a Swiss Meringue icing, which is light and fluffy (and doesn't sweat or melt like buttercream). And it was the most delicious, smooth icing I've ever tasted. It's a bit trickier to make but totally worth it.


Making tutu's.


Ayden wanted to help with her party so she made the Pin the Tutu on the Ballerina.



Success! Can't believe I have 7 year old.

No comments: