It has been a fun and busy Spring!
St. Patrick's Day has taken on new meaning since I married into the O'Reilly family. There are many fun traditions that the Reilly's do, which I have adopted as well. One being the famous Rainbow Cookie, which Linda slaves away and mails to everyone along with other Irish themed goodies and presents. However, this year, all the Reilly's were busy with taxes or having babies, so I took on the task of making the cookies. They are a labor of love, but it was fun participating in the family tradition and helping everyone get a wee bit taste of St. Patrick's Day despite being so busy.
The kids loved their Irish ensembles from Nana and PopPop as usual.
I cooked up Linda's corned beef and cabbage which is always a delight.
(Since potty training, Gavin's hand seems glued to his crotch unfortunately.)
Ayden had 2 weeks off of school for Spring Break in March so the kids and I hopped in the van and drove to Utah. I was a little concerned about the drive alone with the kiddos, but it went really well and thankfully we had good weather.
Nicole took us to the Children's Discovery Museum and all the cousins had a blast! It's so fun watching them play together. Every year it gets better and better!
Raegan is super small and Lizzie (Garrett's daughter) is a full figured gal. Even though Raegan is 3 months older, Lizzie has about 4 more lbs and enough rolls for the both of them! She's a cute baby and I can't wait for them to be the best of friends.
While we were there, we celebrated Vallen (4) and Jace's (2) birthdays with a gymnastics party. The kids had a blast and it was so special to be a part of the festivities.
Jace was a bit unsure of his emotions, but Jack was super excited about the candles!
The kids played on all the equipment and also played fun games.
All the grandkids minus Jill's. We missed her all week.
Patrick flew in for the weekend and Zach and Garrett made us all wings.
Being in Colorado, I wanted to see family more often and was so glad we spent the week hanging out. We had such a great time letting the kids play, talking, meeting the boys for extra long lunches, and staying up late. I have an awesome family.
We also got to spend a couple days with Patrick's sister Lauren and her new baby, Howie. He's a clone of his daddy and the sweetest baby. I, unfortunately, didn't take a picture, but we had a nice time giving him snuggles while he literally slept all day. Sean came over and as always played with the kids which they love.
Randomly, my BF Lisa was in SLC for business. So, I met her for breakfast and a quick tour of Temple Square. Always great to spend time with her, even just for a few hours.
When we got home, it was Ayden's 6th Birthday. I told her she could pick a place for lunch and she chose Target. So easy to please. She also asked for tennis shoes so she could keep up with the boys at recess. One stop shopping!
We are postponing her actual party til the end of the month when Avery visits, so they can celebrate together as Anna and Elsa.
1 comment:
LOL, she chose Target! That's so funny. I can't wait until your next visit! I wonder what horrible disease I'll catch that time ;)
Post a Comment