Gavin's love for trucks has only grown over the past year. And with all the new building that is going on here, he has become obsessed with tractors, bulldozers, and dump trucks. I thought he was finally at the age where he'd appreciate a fun themed cake and I was right. He loved his bulldozer cake and enjoyed eating it even more. Actually, he skipped the cake and went straight for the Kit Kats and the chocolate bar but who could blame him.
It took me 7 hours to make this cake. I should've made it from a box mix but wanted it to be a bit tastier, which just led to a series of problems. But I was pleased how it turned out regardless. Next time, I'd definitely go box mix.
Chocolate cake with the most delicious chocolate buttercream as a thick crumb coat. Then I made a regular crusting buttercream that I could dye yellow. Mini Kit Kats for the wheel tracks and a Hersey bar for the blade. Extra cake crumbs for the dirt and a black straw for the smoke stack. Voila!
He was one excited boy for his birthday this year. We talked it up for days and his excitement did not disappoint!
Mimi and Poppy and Nana and PopPop joined us for the celebration via computer. He blew out the candles 4 times. Thanks to everyone that sent gifts and well wishes. It was a good one!
1 comment:
His hair is so cute! And I've never wanted to eat a bulldozer more :)
Post a Comment