Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Birthday!

This year for Patrick's birthday I put together a little surprise dinner with all the residents he works with. He had no idea and when we rounded the corner and heard all his friends yell "Happy Birthday," I still think it took him a minute. We ate at Osaka, where they cook right in front of you along with a little show. It was delicious! Then it was over to our house for some cake. We had a really nice evening and hope it was a birthday to remember.


I made an Italian Cream cake. This is actually the first year I've made him the cake. He has always requested a Dairy Queen ice cream cake, but after getting sick last year, we opted for something different. We had this cake for our wedding, and it's so yummy. It's not as pretty as one of Nicole's cakes, but for me it was quite an accomplishment!

1 comment:

Nicole and Garrett said...

MMMMMMMMMM, that cake looks beautiful! And it is probably not just a cake mix like all of my cakes :) You are such a good wife to do a surprise...I should call you and get advice on how to do them. Anyway, you are looking really skinny and we are excited to see you in a couple months!