Sunday, April 26, 2009

Three Weeks Old!


She's growing up so fast already! She now weighs 8lb 6 oz and has grown another inch long and another inch around her head! Unfortunately, she out grew all her cute bows, so we will have to make some adjustments. I can see those cheeks getting chubbier by the day. The older she gets the less I think she looks like either of us in particular, but a profile shot always reminds me of her daddy (at least the lips as seen in pics). We had a bit of a rough week this past week: non stop crying for 5 days. I'm taking an antibiotic for mastitis, which I thought might be up setting her. She tested positive for blood in her stools. One ped doc said he thought it was the meds and to formula feed until I was done. So, that's what I've been doing. She's much happier on the formula. But at my follow up appt I saw another doc and he disagreed with the first saying the meds have nothing to do with it and that my baby is just colicky. So, I am very confused. Just wondering if anyone has had an experience or advice about this situation. I am going to try to go back to breastfeeding tomorrow as my meds will be finished. I am so hoping I do not have a colicky baby. Those 5 days were a nightmare. We'll see how it goes tomorrow...she sure is cute though.

4 comments:

cheyney webb said...

It is fun to see her getting more distinct facial features. Sorry to hear about the crying and mastitis. Hopefully that is all over.

xoxo

Justin, Anne Marie, Abigail and Eloisa said...

Your Mom updated me on what was going on. I am glad she is doing so much better (and you). I wanted to tell you about an all natural gas/colic reliever that my sister and others consider the best of all. It is called colic ease gripe water. We bought it at a local baby store... but you also buy it online. I love the bear picture... we have a kitty one like it.

Maren said...

Hang in there Logan. I know it is just heart breaking when your baby cries! Kevin and I were up with Bridgette from about 2 to 5 a.m. last night - as she was cutting teeth. I am a big believer in baby Tylenol. And I hope you find the right remedy for your little girl.

The Garrison Blend said...

She is sooo cute, I hope you had a Happy Mother's Day!
Love the Garrison Cousins