Thursday, November 28, 2019

Thanksgiving and Christmas Prep

We went to Utah for Thanksgiving and spent the beginning of the week with Garrett's family and then joined up with the entire Reilly family at a great house a few hours away. The kids and adults enjoyed fun activities, games, good food, and conversation. The house was amazing with a game room downstairs and bouncy houses were set up and in constant use upstairs. The kids all slept in a bunk room and told bedtime stories. It snowed and snowed while we were there, but we never needed to leave anyways.

The kids decorated their cookies so much they could barely even eat them!


No one complains when Christmas comes early!
This visit was a big change from even last summer. The kids just get better and better at interacting and playing with one another which makes it even better for the adults!
While the snow was beautiful to watch from inside the house for 4 days, it made for absolute nightmare driving conditions on the way home. I honestly thought we might not make it. We were white knuckling it all the way home which took 3 hours longer and we even slid off the road. I have never been so grateful to be home.

The kids had their lists ready this year.

And there was no crying!

For the Relief Society Christmas party, I made this gingerbread cake with mascarpone frosting. It had real molasses in it giving it a very rich flavor and the mascarpone cheese complimented it well and cut the sweetness of the frosting. I sugared the rosemary and cranberries. It was delicious. I love doing Christmas cakes.

No comments: