When we started building our new house, Patrick and I envisioned having Christmas here with our kids and putting a tall tree in this very corner. Since this year was the first year we actually had Christmas in our own home, we decided to get the new 12 foot tree and decorations. It met all of our expectations.
And I have held off on getting stockings until I knew our family was complete. It definitely was a moment for me getting these stockings with everyone's names on them.
It was exciting to spend this first holiday in our own home.
We kicked off the month with Ayden's Christmas piano recital:
Then a week before Christmas, Mom and Dad came into town and got to attend the school Christmas parties.
We got a chandelier hung in the foyer. Thanks Dad!
Delicious fondue for Christmas Eve at the Talbot's.
And we wrapped up the evening with the nativity.
When we got home, we continued the Reilly tradition of reading the night before Christmas. It is fun blending both Barber and Reilly traditions and also starting our own.
Before bed.
Line up on Christmas morning. Ayden rang the bell we got for our wedding.
It was fun watching the kids open their presents and play.
Raegan got an iPad cover, pony PJs, and a bracelet from Santa.
There was also a matching nightgown for Raegan's favorite stuffed animal, Donut.
It made her so happy!
Gavin got laser guns, an alarm clock, and watch walkie-talkies.
Ayden also got an alarm clock, walkie-talkies, and a mermaid tail.
Raegan feeling beautiful in her new princess hair.
Table set for dinner. Finally got to use my nice dishes I've had for years.
Patrick and I tried our hand at prime rib and I do say we knocked it out of the park!
The Talbot's and my parents came over for dinner to end a wonderful Christmas day!
No comments:
Post a Comment