Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Happy Birthday x3

February and March are busy birthday months around here. First, we celebrated Patrick's, then my Dad's, and then two days later, Gavin's. Birthdays are always fun, especially with kids since they are always so excited, even if it's for someone else.

 Patrick always requests an Italian creme cake, which we all enjoy.

 Ayden led us in Happy Birthday.

 And she is always there to help blow out candles.

 The kids and I surprised Patrick at work with some churro cupcakes (he loves churros). I was very impressed with Ayden for not telling Daddy.


 We celebrated my Dad's birthday and Gavin's together.
Thanks to all who made it such a special day.

 Gavin actually seemed to understand unwrapping presents this time, which is a step forward from Christmas.

 Patrick's siblings gave him this adorable retro bike car.

 He's obsessed with cars.

 Finally a bike where his feet can touch! I can't get him off this bike these days!

He also loves trains and enjoys his new Thomas set.

 No one can resist a cute birthday boy!

 2 years already?
Where did the time go?

 Blowing out the candles.

So, my intentions of taking more belly shots during my third pregnancy have obviously not gone well. This is my one and only at 17.5 weeks. No mistaking the bump.

In the last few months, Gavin has turned from a baby into a little boy. His language has literally exploded; he learns new words everyday and can speak in 3 word sentences. He seems more interested in learning the alphabet and shapes and notices them around him. His interests have become solely focused on cars/trucks, trains, books, balls, and playing games. This is the latest game he plays with Patrick: 

Gavin's Magical Powers. 

His laugh is infectious. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your handsome BIG boy!! You look beautiful! Makes me miss your sweet family even more!

Unknown said...

Love that laugh!

Nicole and Garrett said...

I can't get enough of that video! It's so funny and Gavin is so cute!

kadejesalee said...

I love your adorable family! I hope, hope, hope it will work out that we can get together in June!

cambersue said...

I love it! that video at the end is priceless. hope you're doing great, you look amazing as always!