This year was Christmas in Wyoming and everyone was home. As always, there was an abundance of great company, great food, and great activities. The Reilly's always go the extra mile to make us feel welcome and the kids feel extra special and this trip was no exception.
Ayden returned to her beloved princess room to find a Princess Christmas tree.
It was decorated with pink ribbon and necklaces, princess figure ornaments, magic star wands, giant jewel rings, a princess tutu for a tree skirt, and topped with a princess crown of course.
Up close of the ring ornaments. She loved it. In fact, she loved it so much she took all the wands off the tree and carried them around the rest of the trip.
Melissa Stewart made up an itinerary for the week for everyone. Ayden's door hanger was obviously princess themed.
We enjoyed decorating sugar cookies together.
Ayden did more eating than decorating.
I'm proud to announce there was no crying this year with Santa!
Ayden did really well and wasn't even hesitant. She froze for a bit when first asked what she wanted but then quickly got on a roll, mentioning things never mentioned before.
Contemplating all the possibilities.
Gavin's expression never changed. He was totally bewildered.
The family hanging the first ornament on the tree.
Ayden hanging her First Christmas ornament.
Gavin hanging his First Christmas ornament.
Ayden ready for 50's Night in Pop Pop's high school sweater.
Everybody decked out for the party.
The malt maker.
The flying saucer crew.
We exposed Ayden to ice skating for the first time. Her face says it all. She is quite cautious and this was too scary. But she thoroughly enjoyed watching everyone else skate while eating M&Ms with Nana.
Movie Night
We watched "Santa Claus is Comin to Town"
Everyone had tickets and movie bucks.
Complete with a full concession stand
and fresh popcorn.
Enjoy the show!
Christmas Eve is Jim's birthday, which we celebrated with delicious prime rib, presents, and cake.
And then before bed, we all listened to "The Night Before Christmas."
Waiting for everyone to wake up for Christmas!
Ready to run down the stairs.
The boys and their shot guns.
So, this is where the pictures end. A few days before Christmas, the kids and I got the flu and from this point on I stayed in bed and therefore took no more pictures. But the fun continued and I appreciate everyone's help in taking care of the kids. It was a great Christmas and we are looking forward to many more!
3 comments:
I LOVE this!!! I know I say this all of the time but your family (both sides) is incredible and SO creative! It looks like a ton of fun :) I'm so sorry you had the flu (Ryan is on day 4 of it so we totally know how horrible it is)- hope you're feeling better! xoxo
Holy cannoli. Can I come to a Reilly Christmas sometime? That looks amazing!
What fantastic festivities!
Post a Comment