Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall Foil Dinners and More

The weather has cooled down to Fall temperatures, compelling us to be outside. Patrick has been in the mood for camping, foil dinners, and smores. So, this weekend we fired up the pit and made some yummy treats. Ayden enjoyed helping and eating!


Roasting mallows for the "cookie sandwiches" (aka: smores).

She loved it...big surprise.


So, I'm officially 18 weeks along and thus time for belly pics. Today a lady asked me how far a long I was, so I guess it's obvious. Ayden is so excited about being a big sister and tells me all the things she is going to do for Gavin: change his diapers, bath time, feed him cheese crackers, give him kisses, etc. I think she just might be catching on.



A few words on this pregnancy:
This pregnancy, like people say, has been completely different from the last. I've had many more complications and scares, which has made for a quite stressful time. Thankfully, all as resolved well (thanks to family and friends' prayers) and hopefully we will remain in the clear. Aside from that, however, I had morning/all day sickness which is now finally gone and I am forever grateful. That was a huge challenge. I was tired with Ayden, but my energy returned around 15 weeks. Unfortunately, 15 weeks has passed and no change. I have come to accept that this might be my new permanent state. I'll take fatigue over nausea. The good thing is the nausea has kept the weight gain down from last time and there are no cravings. But I seem to be making up for lost time there. I feel the baby kicking all the time, which has definitely been the best part so far! We are so excited for this little boy's arrival and equally thrilled for Jill to be adding a cousin 6 weeks later!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a very beautiful expectant mother. Her hair looks so blonde. She sure is a cutey! I just stayed with Jim and Linda Friday night and they were telling me some of the cute things she says. Love, Aunt Sharon

kadejesalee said...

Yeah for you and Jill!!!I love you all!!!!!

Nicole and Garrett said...

Is Jill out in the open now? Your belly is so cute! :)

Effie said...

so much awesomeness in one post! tin foil dinners, smores, babies, cousins, cute mom, love it. Congrats again! Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy.

Krista said...

You look wonderful!! I'm starting to get asked too, but when I say 18 weeks, people say "Wow! How many do you have in there?" Then I kick them and run away : P
So happy for Jill too! What an exciting 2012 it will be for your whole family : ) Hugs!

Maren said...

You are such a cute pregnant mama!

Erinn said...

I've always liked the name Gavin! Good pick!