Saturday, May 21, 2011

Spring has FINALLY Sprung!

Yes, May is almost over and it only now has felt like Spring. Finally, this weekend the sun came out and temperatures reached higher than 50 degrees. So we took advantage of the beautiful day and went to the Discovery Gardens. It was beautiful and there was much to see.

Mini Bells of Ireland

Peonies



These clusters are the size of a cantaloupe!

This is an incredible maze structure constructed out of vines twisted together.

It had windows, doors, rooms, and hallways.


A nature walk through the woods wetlands.


These firework looking flowers are the size of a baseball.






This might be the coolest picture I've ever taken. Caught the bee's wings mid-flutter!
Plus, the shadow is pretty awesome. Zoom in to see the fine hairs on his legs.


She's supposed to smell the flowers but maybe she's kissing them instead!

Cat Tails



2 comments:

Krista said...

Very cool bee picture! It looks like Ayden had a ton of fun : ) I love how she smells the flowers- that's adorable!

Annette said...

I LOVE your pictures! Botanical gardens are one of my favorite places to visit. Mother Nature rocks... Personally I found the colors she uses are always perfect! Love you dear! Thanks for the smiles!