How did we get here already? Was it really an entire year ago we met Ayden for the first time? Do most babies grow this fast? We've come a long way since this time last year...eating real food, sleeping through the night, a lot less crying, dancing, laughing, clapping, singing, saying a few words, and even a little bit of walking! Time has flown by and she has changed so much. I can't believe my little baby is a toddler.
Ayden's birthday was a great day...mainly because I was not in labor! But also because Mimi and Poppy were in town, and we got to spend the day with Jill and Richard as well. The day started at the ward egg hunt (hosted by Aunt Jilli). I think this will be the last year where Ayden likes to eat the plastic egg more than the candy inside it.
Then off to the beach for the afternoon. That turned out not to be Ayden's favorite as we discovered she hates sand. But she sure looks cute.
Ayden loving her time at the beach!
Happier on Jill's lap far away from the sand.
The day ended with yummy dinner and then the cake celebration. She is such a lucky girl to have so many people who love her and were so thoughtful to send gifts for her birthday.
Thank you!
She obviously loved our singing. And she didn't like the cake much better. She spit out the cake but loved the strawberries. What a healthy one year old!
What a difference a year makes!
Mimi REALLY wanted Ayden to start walking on her birthday so she could be around to see it. And Ayden did not disappoint! She just got up and started walking this weekend...probably just to make Mimi happy.
8 comments:
Oh my goodness can she get ANY cuter? You need to have like a billion kids... :-) I'm just saying! Love you!
She is so cute you guys!!
what the?! I can't believe she's already 1! Holy crud! She's so cute!
Woo hoo!! Way to go Ayden!
Happy happy birthday, Ayden. I love that she is dainty and doesn't want to get dirty in the sand and cake. Can't wait to see her in person! xoxox
Happy Birthday, Ayden! You're such a beautiful little girl...
What a beautiful birthday girl!!
She is so stinking cute!!! I can't believe that she is already one!
Post a Comment