The kids were eager to get to Santa this year to solidify their lists and I always like to have the list nailed down as well!
The Stake decided to do a live Nativity for the community and put me in charge of the final, most complicated scene. I had to find over 20 actors, hand sew (purchasing was not allowed because it was not authentic) 20 costumes, make a realistic historical stable that can withstand Colorado winter elements, find props, and wrangle a few live farm animals all on a zero dollar budget. Needless to say, not my favorite project and very stressful. It turned out pretty good despite the fact but not something I will be doing again.
I ran all over town gathering scrap fabric donations from places and thankfully, 2 ladies in the ward volunteered to sew all these amazing costumes.
Most of my actors were youth so I brought lots of snacks and tried to make it a fun night together. They were good sports. We had 2 sets of everything so that we could switch out every 30 minutes so no one got too cold.
Buggy drew a a cute elf at school. Pretty good for a kindergartner.
And Marci and I glued many graham crackers to milk cartons for their ginger bread house party in class.
I made many chocolate bomb shells.
Stuffed and put them together.
Traditional tree, Santa, and an Ornament.
The belt buckle gave me some troubles so I had to makes squares on parchment and once they hardened, attached them to the belt. The top of the ornament is a mini Reeses cup sprayed with gold food paint. The lines coming from the top were surprisingly difficult to keep straight. But I was happy with the final product.
No comments:
Post a Comment