Monday, November 27, 2017

Aislin- Two Months

 As evident by the lack of pics, month two was quite challenging. Aislin was spitting up more and quite uncomfortable. It was a struggle to know if she was hungry from spitting up so much, tired from not sleeping because she was so uncomfortable, or just crying because she was in pain. These were problems I was not expecting as a 4th time mom. There were just so many variables. The lack of sleep (for me and her) and crying was trying for everyone. And to top it all off, when we went in her for her 2 month appointment, she had barely gained any weight. She had dropped all the way down to the 3rd percentile. I felt terrible. The Dr. felt it best to switch her to formula so we knew how much she was getting, if she spit up a lot, I could make more food for her, and we could eliminate any possible dietary issues. I was quite upset about all this but also didn't want Aislin to be hungry and miserable. I tried over the next few weeks to increase my supply and watch my diet but it didn't seem to help. So, although I didn't want to give up, these were issues I wasn't being able to solve and it was taking a toll on everyone. At around 3 months, I weaned her. She gained an entire pound her first week on formula! She still spits up a ton but at least I can give her more. She cries a bit less and naps a bit better. Baby steps, I guess. Baby #4 is a doozie!



 We went to Utah for Thanksgiving to meet up with all the Reilly's. It was nice to change the routine a bit and get the kids out doing fun things.

Visiting penguins at the SLC Aquarium.


No comments: