Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Santa Success!

Last year with Santa did not go very well. She seemed super excited until the moment she had to sit on his lap and then cried and refused. So, I was a bit worried about what this year would entail and started talking up Santa early. Again, she was very excited every time Santa was mentioned. She knew she was going to sit on his lap and say "Merry Christmas." Then we got to the front of the line and she said: "Santa is for friends. I want to stay on Mimi's lap." I knew we were in trouble. So, we let her watch a few more friends sit on his lap and then Patrick had a brilliant idea. He whipped out his iPhone and we reviewed the video of her meeting Mickey and told her it was just like that. Reluctantly, she agreed to sit on Santa's lap. She was a bit unsure at first but by the end I think she was having a good time. Success without crying! That was my Christmas wish come true!

A little scared but keeping it together.



The comforts of Mimi's lap.



I asked her to stand with her arms by her side and she froze in this position!

After Santa, we stopped by a park that is completely decorated with lights. Ayden loved it!

It was another fun weekend in Tally getting into the Christmas spirit with M&D. Glad we are so close so we can pop over for special occasions.

1 comment:

Nicole and Garrett said...

Her hair is getting so long and cute!