Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas in Wyoming

We went to Wyoming for Christmas this year and had a wonderful time as always. Everyone was home, and Ayden enjoyed all the attention. It was so nice to have extra help with her and a break from the daily routine. The time flew by quickly as it always does, and we are already looking forward to the next time we can all be together again.

Before the trip, Ayden decided to pack her own bag with what she wanted.

I found Ayden like this on the couch. I guess she sees Daddy having a good time and wanted to try it out.

Santa was a complete bust this year. Ayden is so incredibly friendly, even to strangers, I thought we would never experience a bad Santa year. However, despite her excitement to see Santa, she cried the entire time we were actually there. She wouldn't sit on his lap, stand by him, let Patrick hold her near him, and even gave him back the candy cane. However, when we started to leave, she got a huge smile and said "bye bye" like they were best friends. Oh well...maybe next year.

Waiting to see Santa.


The Reilly crew likes to play all together and Ayden was loving it! She couldn't stop dancing and got a kick out of the microphone.

Christmas Eve. Her new jammies really show off her incredible figure!


Everyone gathered for Jim's birthday on Christmas Eve.

Ayden and Aunt "RoRo" listening while the Christmas story was being read.

Pop pop and Ayden reading "The Night Before Christmas," a family tradition.

Christmas morning. I don't think Ayden really understood what was happening, but she knew she liked her new bike!


Ayden helping Nana and Pop pop open their presents.

The boys and their new guns!

Linda is incredibly thoughtful and includes a tradition from my family into their Christmas. Each year we set the table with crackers. These are the prettiest ones I've ever seen. And the prizes in them were amazing.

Christmas dinner. The table was beautiful and the food delicious. The crowns are included in the crackers and are a must wear during dinner. They were all good sports about it.


Another fun dinner: 50's night complete with hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, and malts!

We play quite a bit of Rock Band and Ayden participated with her new guitar. She actually sat there playing the entire time.

What a wonderful time of year to spend with family. Ayden is still asking where everyone went. I wish we lived closer. Who knows, maybe next year we will be!

3 comments:

codi said...

It looks like you had a great time! I think this is our first year we didn't go over to Cody and see that Santa. I love the santa house and think he is the best Santa ever.

The Meyers said...

Our niece got those adorable jammies, too! So cute.

Pop Pop and Nana said...

We loved having everyone home. Thanks for doing such a great job of blogging the time we spent together.